Everybody loves muffins, pregnant women in particular. The problem is that most muffins aren’t the best thing for your pregnancy. This recipe of carrot muffins is a delicious dessert, which will provide both you and your baby with plenty of important nutritional ingredients.
Why is it good for pregnancy diet?
The main ingredient in this recipe are carrots, which are great for your pregnancy diet. It has plenty of fiber, which you need to prevent digestion problems. It also has plenty of minerals, which both you and your baby need – magnesium, calcium, potassium, and more. More than anything, carrots contains a large amount of beta-carotene – an important nutritional ingredient that the body needs to produce vitamin A, which is needed for the development of your baby’s heart, bones, nervous systems, kidneys and more.
7 oz / 1¼ cups of flour (about 200 grams)
½ tea spoon of salt
1 spoon of baking soda
4 medium sized shredded carrots
6 oz / 2 cups of shredded coconut
11 oz / 1½ cups of sugar (320 grams) – preferably brown
3 medium sized eggs
¾ cup of oil
1 spoon of ground nutmeg
1 spoon of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (180 Celsius)
- In a big bowl, mix the flour, carrot, coconut, salt, baking soda cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Put the sugar and the eggs in a mixer-bowl and mix.
- After the mixture turns bright and puffy slow down the mixing speed, and slowly add the oil.
- While still mixing, add the components from the big bowl (with the shredded carrots) to the mixer-bowl
- Keep mixing until the mixture’s texture is even
- Grease the muffin pan with a bit of oil
- Put some of the mixture in each of the muffin cups of the pan
- Bake for about 20 minutes… then serve!
Tip: to make sure the muffins are ready, stick a toothpick in one of them. If it comes out dry – it’s ready!